The Truants' and Optional Education Program (TAOEP) is devoted to ensuring that each referred at-risk student will be provided with individualized educational and supplemental services that meet the holistic needs of the student in the pursuit of their educational development. The purpose of TAOEP is to serve the attendance, academic, vocational, emotional and extraordinary needs of at-risk students and dropouts. TAOEP offers several different services to the community, the parents of the at-risk or dropout students, and the students themselves:
- Identification of at-risk students and dropouts.
- Truancy intervention services-home visits, individualized attendance incentive programs and student visits.
- Academic intervention and remediation.
- Parental skills development.
- Network with community agencies and businesses.
Contact the Main Office 217-753-6620 for more information.